Top 5 SEO Mistakes
Matt Cutts, Google’s head of search spam, lists off the top five SEO mistakes.
He says these are not the most damaging mistakes, but rather, the most common mistakes.
- Not having a crawlable domain or Not having a website
- Not including your target keywords on the page. His example is: don’t only include, “Mt. Everest Height” but think about how people search. How high is Mt. Everest?
- Create compelling content and focus on marketing your site. NOT just link building.
- Add a focused title and meta description for your most important pages
- Not learning enough about SEO and how to improve your site by using Webmaster Tools
Don’t get caught making the same mistakes!